Project DetailsThe Intelligent Earth - Real-time Complex Event Detection over Sensor Data
|Laboratory : LSIR||Master||Completed|
Wireless sensor networks are widely used to monitor natural phenomena and human activities etc. Detecting complex and interesting events is the core component for such applications. Complex events could be defined by deterministic or probabilistic models.
This project is to build a system which takes the user-specified complex event models and detect the events in real-time over the continuously ariving sensor data. The student is expected to design and implement innovative algorithms to solve the system performance issues.
- A deployable event detection system
- A solid performance evaluation
- High-quality, publishable research results
- Practical experiences in large scale system development
- Enhancing Java programming skills
- Practical experiences in managing sensor data
- Research and publishable paper writing experiences (perfect for those wishing to pursuit their PhD in the future)
- A publication in top conferences / journals
- Good Java Programming Skills